If you are suffering from Haglund’s deformity, you need shoes that don’t bruise your feet. We have selected the best hiking boots for Haglund deformity. Our top 3 are in the table below
Hiking can be a fun activity especially when you are fully equipped for the coming contingencies. However if you have a serious problem with your heel such as Haglund’s deformity, you need to take extra precautions to get the right kind of hiking boots to keep your feet safe.
We have carefully analyzed more than 20 boots and selected the six best hiking boots for Haglund’s deformity. In this review you will get:
- What kind of hiking boots work well for Haglund’s deformity
- Answers to some commonly asked questions
- Reviews of six good hiking shoes that you can wear.
What Kind Of Hiking Boots Are Suitable For Haglund’s Deformity?
If you are a Haglund’s deformity patient, you will need to have hiking boots that are spacious at the heel region. The length of the shaft on the hiking boots also plays an essential role in deciding the pressure and strain on your feet.
Hiking boots that have a lower shaft height offer more room for the feet of the user. In the case of Haglund’s deformity, people usually suffer from a swollen bone.
What To Look For In Shoes For Haglund’s Deformity
The best boots for people that suffer from Haglund’s deformity should be very comfortable. Boots with an extra layer of cushioning around the heel and the ankle are better to deal with Haglund’s deformity.
The shoes with a waterproof upper are ideal for you as you will have to go hiking in all weather conditions and over all kinds of terrain.
The design of your shoes or hiking boots should also be highly convenient. Hiking boots that have a lace-up closure design. Such boots have greater adjustability along with a snug fit. A snug-fitting along with adjustability will enhance your comfort.
The traction that you get while hiking is a deciding factor that will enhance your experience. Hiking boots that have higher traction are less likely to slip even on wet or snowy terrain. You can choose hiking boots with a soft midsole or an EVA foam filling as such hiking boots are generally very lightweight.
The material on the best hiking boots should be highly durable and long-lasting. The most popular material used in such boots is a mixture of leather and mesh. A mesh fabric maintains the breathability of the shoes. Due to this feature, your shoes will remain hygienic and fresh. A leather upper is resistant to cuts and stains.
Ideally, you should go for hiking boots that have a rubber sole. A rubber sole is primarily ideal for hiking as they are very flexible. The flexibility of these hiking boots will allow you to climb, run over rocks that are very hard to climb over. Grippy soles are the most common type of shoe soles that you will find on a hiking boot.
Frequently Asked Questions
What shoes go with Haglund’s deformity?
If you are the one who is suffering from Haglund’s deformity, then you are not recommended to go with heels or shoes which comprise rigid backs. Despite the fact, hardbacks will elevate the pain so get yourself a pair of shoes with a softback.
You can get yourself a pair of shoes with a soft cushion and soft inner material since it minimizes the pain. Getting this kind of shoes will reduce friction and help you to cure the pain of Haglund’s deformity.
Can you walk with Haglund’s deformity?
People usually recommend that patients avoid strenuous activities like running as well as other activities. Brisk walking should be avoided to a certain extent if you are affected by Haglund’s deformity; however, a person who stands withstands a deformity can walk easily.
You may not feel the pain in the initial stages, but it may elevate as it goes on increasing. It is essential to get yourself treated correctly by a physician or an experienced doctor.
How do you make Haglund’s deformity go away?
There are multiple ways through which you can eradicate Haglund’s deformity from your life. Let’s have a glance at these factors, which will assist you in curing Haglund’s deformity.
- Try to massage the bump with ice for 20-30 minutes every day.
- You can take anti-inflammatory drugs to cure Haglund’s deformity.
- You can treat yourself with ultrasound treatments.
- Soft-tissue massage is also advisable for people who withstand Haglund’s deformity.
- Try to wear shoes with an open back.
By incorporating these factors in your life, you can exclude Haglund’s deformity and relieve the excruciating pain that occurs. Make sure that you visit a specialist and get yourself treated adequately by him. You can encompass specific exercises recommended by the physiotherapist to alleviate the pain caused by Haglund’s deformity and cure it.
Can Haglund’s deformity be cured without surgery?
People who endure Haglund deformity have a bony protrusion in their feet. By reducing the inflammation of the Barsa, you can cure glands deformity; however, the bony protrusion will remain as it is. By reducing inflammation, it won’t aggravate the pain.
#1 Columbia Men’s Hiking Boots: Overall Best Boots
- Comfort: 9.8/10
- Waterproof: 8.9/10
- Design: 9.8/10
- Traction: 9.7/10
- Material: 9.6/10
- Sole: 9.5/10
- Size: 7 to 17
- Color: Black, brown, curry, dark gray
- Sole material: Rubber
- Shaft: 5 inches
- Outer: Leather/ Suede/ Mesh
You must buy these Haglund deformity shoes for hiking as these boots have exceptional supportive cushioning on the heel region. Due to this additional cushioning, there will be less strain and pressure on your bones.
- These hiking boots have excellent traction because of their outsole
- You will also find these boots to be waterproof
- Columbia hiking boots are also durable, so that you can use them for hiking frequently
- Its mesh style built will leave enough room for your feet to be breathable
- These boots also have a lace-up design, due to which you can get a snug fit
- These boots are not 100% waterproof, but they will resist water
- Some users might experience slight itching after wearing these boots
- Comfort: These Haglund’s deformity shoes are incredibly comfortable as they have exceptional cushioning in the interior of the shoes. This cushioning will prevent damage to your bones and the heel.
- Waterproof: The upper on these hiking boots are specially designed to make these boots waterproof.
- Design: These hiking boots are designed with a lace-up closure design. This design will make these boots easily adjustable. You will also get a snug fit while climbing or walking on risky terrain.
- Traction: These boots have an Omni-grip sole. This sole will provide you with excellent traction on multiple types of terrain. This traction system matches the kind of terrain you are on and provides you with the necessary support.
- Material: The materials used in these hiking boots are a combination of mesh, leather, and suede. Due to the mesh upper, you get enough breathability in these hiking boots. The leather and the suede keep these boots durable as well as flexible at the same time.
- Sole: The sole of these hiking boots also has dual-zone grippy rubber outsoles. This quality will make sure that you get a solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
#2 Skechers Men’s Hiking Boots: Second Best
- Comfort: 9.5/10
- Waterproof: 9.310
- Design: 9.4/10
- Traction: 9.3/10
- Material: 9.5/10
- Sole: 9.2/10
- Size: 6.5 to 16 wide
- Color: Black, brown, khaki, navy blue, and so on
- Sole material: Synthetic rubber
- Shaft: Ankle-high
- Outer: Leather
You should buy these boots for hiking as they have a unique design. These boots use genuine quality leather as it is one of the most durable materials you can get in shoes and boots.
- Extra cushioning near the ankle and heel region increases the comfort of the user.
- The leather upper on these boots make them highly durable and long-lasting
- You will also find that these boots are waterproof
- These boots also have an aesthetically pleasing design
- You will get excellent traction with these boots on all types of terrain
- Different users might have issues with varying sizes of these boots
- These hiking boots are also snug, so people that want a wider toe box might struggle with them
- Comfort: Another primary reason you should consider buying these hiking boots, especially if you are a Haglund deformity patient, these boots have a low shaft height. The shaft in these boots will only reach your ankle; hence you will have some room for your heels.
- Waterproof: These hiking boots are also made to be waterproof so that you can traverse all types of terrain in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Design: The unique design of these boots is aesthetically pleasing. The traditional lace-up design on these boots keeps them efficient yet straightforward. You will also find these hiking boots to be highly convenient.
- Traction: These hiking boots are suitable for walking on multiple types of terrain because of the grippy sole on these boots. This sole is responsible for providing you with excellent traction, even on water or ice.
- Material: The upper of these hiking boots is made from genuine quality leather. A leather upper will also make these boots resistant to any cuts or bruises you might sustain while climbing.
- Sole: There is a synthetic sole on these hiking boots to provide you with excellent support and cushioning while hiking. The way these boots are designed is to take away the stress from your feet and the heel.
#3 HI-TEC Hiking Boots For Men: For Maximum Comfort
- Comfort: 9.1/10
- Waterproof: 8.9/10
- Design: 8.5/10
- Traction: 8.8/10
- Material: 8.7/10
- Sole: 8.6/10
- Size: 7.5 to 14
- Color: Brown, mustard, black, and so on
- Sole material: Rubber
- Shaft: low, ankle-high
- Outer: Leather
You should buy these hiking boots as they are very convenient to wear and remove. You get a traditional lace-up closure style in these boots, along with a speed lace feature. This feature will allow you to tie your laces quickly and efficiently. Making it one of the best shoes for haglund deformity.
- These boots have a durable and robust built
- You will find these hiking boots to be waterproof
- To increase your comfort, there is a padded collar in these boots
- Carbon rubber sole for excellent traction on all types of terrain
- The midsole on these boots are cushioned and comfortable
- Some people might find these boots to be challenging to wear
- These hiking boots can also be heavy for some users
- Comfort: As a Haglund’s deformity patient, you should consider using these boots for hiking as they have a low shaft height. Due to this low shaft height, there is less pressure on your heel and more room for your feet.
- Waterproof: To make these boots suitable for hiking, they also have a waterproof design. Due to this, the upper of these boots will not absorb water inside them.
- Design: These boots have a unique design that caters to the needs of the people that suffer from Haglund’s deformity. The seam sealed construction prevents your feet from rubbing through the rough stitches.
- Traction: You get decent traction in these hiking boots as the midsole in these boots is also made up of lightweight EVA foam. This type of foam is excellent at cushioning and reducing the strain while also providing you with enough room.
- Material: The material used to build these hiking boots is superior and genuine leather. A challenging and rigid leather product will make your boots highly durable.
- Sole: The sole present on these hiking boots is a high-quality carbon rubber sole. This carbon rubber sole grips the surfaces and builds up a lot of friction, due to which you get excellent traction in these boots.
#4 Merrel Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot For Women: For Good Support
- Comfort: 7.5/10
- Waterproof: 7.8/10
- Design: 7.6/10
- Traction: 8.7/10
- Sole: 8.8/10
- Size: 5 to 15
- Color: Granite
- Sole material: Rubber
- Shaft: 4.25 inches
- Outer: Mesh
- Air cushion available in the heels of the shoes is known to absorb shock.
- Due to the air cushion, you can gain the next level of stability present in the heels of the shoes.
- It comes along with a fantastic insole, and thus it relies upon you whether to keep the insole or not.
- Your feet will be dry due to its waterproof feature.
- You get a molded nylon arch in the shoes.
- It will enhance your performance if you use it while hiking.
- It furnishes moderate arch support.
The Heels of these shoes come along with an air cushion. This adds additional support, and you can retain excellent equilibrium due to this aspect. It comes along with a factor in a material that relieves the excruciating Haglund’s deformity pain.
- Comfort: Comfort plays a significant role when it comes to shoes. Keeping in mind the users’ convenience, manufacturers have designed it with an air cushion that adds extra stability, and you can retain a good equilibrium even on the Jagged surfaces.
- Waterproof: Composed of 100% suede leather, these shoes will keep your feet spic and span. As these shoes don’t retain moisture and absorb water, your feet will remain dry and clean. Due to its wicking lining waterproof technology, it’s a perfect match for you.
- Design: The design of these shoes is an excellent one, and you are available in multiple colors. Being designed for hiking in terrific places, it can be the best pair of shoes you are searching for.
- Traction: You can expect higher traction and a decent grip due to its rubber sole and fabulous heels.
- Material: The material of these shoes is mesh/ 100% suede leather. This material is responsible for comfort and breathability, along with being durable for a longer time. If you are the one who is suffering from Haglund’s deformity pain, then this is a perfect match for you. Because of its softer material, it can relieve your pain with ease.
- Sole: The sole of these shoes is composed of a rubber material. As these are hiking boots, you can expect long-lasting durability through this.
#5 Targhee Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot For Women: Best Waterproof Boots
- Comfort: 7.3/10
- Waterproof: 7.5/10
- Design: 7.4/10
- Traction: 7.510
- Material: 8.2/10
- Sole: 7.3/10
- Size: 5 to 11
- Color: Goat/ crown blue
- Sole material: Rubber
- Shaft: Ankle-length
- Outer: 100% leather
- Weighing 14.2 oz, these hiking boots consist of moisture-wicking lining properties, making them impressively waterproof.
- These shoes are specially manufactured for elevated assistance, and mid-cut height furnishes enormous ankle aid.
- It works adequately even on rugged surfaces, so don’t sweat about their durability in rough places.
- The extra mid-cut height furnishes more equilibrium on the irregular surfaces, making it the most suitable shoe for people who withstand Haglund’s deformity pain.
- You need to order ½ size extra as this shoe is accessible in ½ size less.
These hiking boots come along with outstanding waterproof features. It is treated with PFC-free water repellent for protection without the usage of chemicals. The inner material is composed of a softer substance that alleviates and assists Haglund’s deformity pain.
- Comfort: comfort is a significant feature in Haglund deformity shoes. Thus keeping the comfort of the users in mind, the shoes consist of contoured heels, which furnishes remarkable stability. Mid-cut height is one thing that yields next-level ankle assistance, and you can retain balance even on rough and uneven surfaces.
- Waterproof: Waterproof property of the hiking boots will keep your feet dry from dusk to dawn. It comes along with a moisture-wicking lining characteristic that is accountable for conserving your shoes waterproof.
- Design: These shoes come in a variety of five different colors. Having composed of a soft collar and soft inner material, it holds to be a perfect match for you if you are suffering from Haglund’s deformity pain.
- Traction: You get a higher traction grip even at uneven surfaces. Terrain rubber outsole is credible for the sustainable support and balance which you can retain.
- Material: The material of these shoes is 100% leather. The leather is known for its incredible features like durability as well as higher breathability.
- Sole: The sole of these shoes is manufactured of rubber material. You can use these shoes on rocky surfaces with ease due to their rubber sole, due to which you get a higher grip.
#6 Terrain Leather Outdoor Hiking Boot For Women: For Variable Sizes
- Comfort: 7.9/10
- Waterproof: 7.6/10
- Design: 7.8/10
- Traction: 7.7/10
- Material: 7.6/10
- Sole: 7.5/10
- Size: 4.5 to 11
- Color: Copper
- Sole material: Duratread
- Shaft: Ankle-high inches
- Outer: Leather
- Being waterproof footwear, it’s highly advised since it won’t absorb water.
- These shoes are a must-have because they’re comfy and have cushy features.
- Being specially designed for the ones who withstand Haglund deformity pain, it’s an excellent one since it has a soft collar.
- The sizes for these shoes are available till 11 for women, which is a remarkable feature:
- Higher wear and tear is available in leather shoes.
The most significant characteristic of these shoes is that they come in great diversity in sizes. Thus it becomes considerable for people with wider feet.
- Comfort: This shoe is made using ATS (Advanced Torque Stability) technology and thus furnishes excellent support and endurance. It offers higher durability and can deliver enormous comfort and assistance on terrain. Horse riding can also be done with higher convenience with the help of these shoes.
- Waterproof: Being strong and composed of oil grain leather, these shoes encompass an outstanding waterproof aspect and keep your feet dry even in heavy pour down.
- Design: The shoes come with an ankle-high shaft height. It comes with a soft collar and soft inner material, making it a fantastic option to go with if you are undergoing Haglund’s Deformity pain.
- Traction: Hiking shoes furnish an ample amount of traction. Thus shoes are a good option for you and act as a savior while trekking or on the terrain.
- Material: These shoes are composed of 100% leather material. Leather is known for delivering higher rates of durability as well as breathability. It won’t smell foul doesn’t matter how roughly used.
- Sole: The sole is composed of Duratread material, known for retaining the proper temperature of the foot in the shoes by furnishing adequate thermal insulation. It lasts longer and provides greater endurance to people who endure Haglund’s deformity pain.
Hiking is a great recreational activity that heals your soul and mind. Especially among those with sedentary occupations, hiking is a natural exercise that promotes physical fitness.
But if you suffer from Haglund’s deformity it can be tiring and painful to walk on trails. Hence, for maximum comfort, you need a nice pair of hiking boots. Let me highlight three options as a final summary of my review:
The best option is the Columbia Men's Hiking Boots. This is because it offers exceptional supportive cushioning on the heel region. Due to this additional cushioning, there will be less strain and pressure on your bones.
The Skechers Men's Hiking Boots is another great choice. There is a synthetic sole on these hiking boots to provide you with excellent support and cushioning while hiking. The way these boots are designed is to take away the stress from your feet and the heel.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Terrain Leather Outdoor Hiking Boot For Women, which offers great features like support, cushioning, and great design at a very reasonable price point.