Are you looking for a reclining camp chair with footrest? You have come to the right place. My top three selections are mentioned in the table below.
I love taking winter hikes. But hiking long distances can cause foot pain, and a regular camp chair does not offer any comfort to your feet.
I was in search of a solution to this problem for a long time. I tried taking a small stool with me for camping, but that’s just one more item you have to pack in the back of your truck. One of my friends suggested that I get a reclining camp chair with a footrest.
While the idea of a camping chair with a footrest seemed great, it was an investment, and I didn’t want to spend money on a chair that was not up to the mark.
I researched for weeks and tried and tested twenty-plus reclining camp chairs with footrests. Based on several criteria like the build material, Adjustable and comfort, I have shortlisted the seven best reclining camp chair with footrest.
If you are also looking for a nice place to put your feet up in the sun for your next camping adventure, then all you need to do is scroll down and read through till the end.
In this review, you will learn.
- How to select the reclining camp chairs?
- Answers to many commonly asked questions about camping chairs
- Seven best reclining camp chairs with footrests, according to us.
You might also like to read: Best Camping Pillows: Top 8 Picks
How To Choose A Reclining Camp Chair With Footrest
You would need to consider several different factors before selecting a reclining camp chair with footrest. Let’s look at four essential features that you need to look for in a reclining camp chair.
One of the most critical factors you have to consider while selecting a reclining camp chair with footrest would be the material used in building it. How long you will be able to use the chair will depend upon the quality of the material.
Aluminum and steel are the best choices for the frame as they are lightweight and sturdy. So the chair must be lightweight. You need to carry the camping gear to the place where you will be setting up the camp.
For the fabric, polyester, nylon, or mesh fabrics are the ideal choice. Nylon and polyester are solid and durable and stain and damage resistant. Mesh fabrics are breathable and are suitable for allowing proper airflow on a hot day.
The comfort of a camping chair is another essential factor that you must consider. The chair height and the back support play a crucial role in how comfortable you would be when sitting on the chair.
Apart from these, several other additional features add to the comfort of a camp chair. Footrests, armrests, cup holders, and side pockets are to name a few. A footrest allows you to relax your feet after a long day of hiking. Cup holders and side pockets let you have your essentials nearby.
Adjustability is another factor that is important to consider in a recliner camp chair with a footrest. You would not want to keep your feet up all the time, and thus it is vital that the footrest can be adjusted accordingly. Look for a recliner camp chair with a removable footrest so that you can remove the footrest whenever you don’t need it.
You can also get a recliner camp chair with an adjustable backrest at various angles. These chairs are incredibly comfy and suit your preference.
It is not always possible to reach your camping location in your vehicle. You might have to carry your camping gear to the camping site on your own. For carrying the gears, they must fold down to a compact size and are lightweight so that you can carry them around.
While looking for a recliner camping chair with a footrest, make sure to check the chair’s weight and the space it would take while folded. You might be going for a hike to reach your campsite, and you would not want to log a heavy chair along with other essentials.
Even with using a vehicle, the camping chair must fold to a compact size for ease of storage without needing much space.
You might also like to read: Best Headlamps For Camping
Commonly Asked Questions About Camping Chairs
What is the most comfortable camping chair?
There are several features that a camping chair must have to be the most comfortable. Having a good quality material and build would be the first criteria. A camping chair with an armrest and footrest offers optimum comfort.
Several additional features like side pockets, cup holders add to the comfort of a camping chair. Several brands offer camping chairs with umbrellas for protection against harmful UV rays. One such comfortable camping chair is the Sport-Brella camping chair with a footrest.
What is the best camp chair on the market?
Determining the best camping chair on the market depends upon the buyer’s preference. Some people like a place for sitting and even the basic chair would be the best option for them. While someone needing a more comfortable chair would need an armrest, footrest, and other features.
Based on several factors like material quality, adjustability, and portability, I have curated a list of seven of the best reclining camp chairs with footrests. Coleman reclining camp chair with footrest is another great option for you.
Do you need a camping chair?
One of the main reasons someone goes camping is to be close to nature and enjoy the outdoors. You don’t need many necessities to do that. But, having a place to sit back in front of the fire and relax after a long tiring day would be great.
Do you need a camping chair, or not entirely depend upon you? If you don’t mind sitting on the ground, then, by all means, go ahead. You don’t need a camping chair.
If you want a place to sit comfortably and enjoy a drink or even take a nap, then a camping chair would be great for you. Check out the article below for some of the best reclining camp chairs with footrest.
How can I make my camp chair more comfortable?
While camping chairs are there just to offer you a place to relax after a long day spent setting up your tent or hiking to reach your campsite and very basic in design. There are various ways you can make your camp chair more comfortable.
You can get a reclining camping chair that allows you to rest your back. Several camp chairs are available with armrests, footrests, and cup holders to make you feel more relaxed and comfortable.
If you already own a camping chair, you can carry some cushions that you can add to the chair to offer more comfortable seating.
You might also like to read: Best Portable Bluetooth Speakers for Camping
Reviews of Seven Reclining Camp Chair With Footrest
#1 Sport-Brella Recliner Chair With Footrest And Umbrella
- Material: 9/10
- Comfort: 9.2/10
- Adjustable: 9.4/10
- Portability: 8.9/10
- Overall Score: 9.1/10
- Brand: Sport-Brella
- Weight Limit: 250 pounds
- Material: Steel and Canvas
- Color: Midnight Blue
- Product Weight: 12.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 39 inches
- This recliner camp Chair has three positions of the backrest for optimum comfort.
- It comes with an umbrella which protects against harmful sun rays.
- It has side pockets, cup holders, and insulated pockets to store all your drinks and belongings nearby.
- It can support a maximum load of 250 pounds.
- The steel frame on this camping Chair is durable.
- The stitching of the fabric is not so good.
This picnic time reclining camp chair with footrest from Sport-Brella comes with an umbrella suitable for people who want to relax on a hot sunny day.
- Material: The frame material of this camping chair is steel which is highly durable and robust. The sturdy frame can take up a load of 250 pounds with ease. The canvas fabric is solid and durable. Using canvas on the chair makes it water-resistant.
- Comfort: The reclining feature of this camp chair makes it extremely comfortable to lie down and relax. It also has many additional features like insulated side pockets, cup holders, and storage space for you to keep your things nearby.
- Adjustable: The backrest on this camping chair is adjustable to three different positions, which allows you to sit up, take a nap or lay down. The footrest is also adjustable per your need. If you don’t want the footrest, you can also remove it with ease.
- Portability: This camping chair folds down to a flat compact shape for ease of storage. It comes with a carry bag for you to carry the chair with ease.
#2 ALPS Mountaineering Camp Chair With Footrest
- Material: 9.1/10
- Comfort: 9/10
- Adjustable: 8.8/10
- Portability: 8.6/10
- Overall Score: 8.8/10
- Brand: ALPS Mountaineering
- Weight Limit: 225 pounds
- Material: Polyester
- Color: Green
- Product Weight: 10 pounds
- Dimensions: 32. 5 x 17 x 41. 5 inches
- This camping chair comes with an adjustable armrest and footrest.
- It has a powder-coated steel frame.
- You can carry it with ease in the carry bag that comes with it.
- The fabric is high-quality polyester fabric.
- There is a cup holder for you to keep your drinks nearby.
- No cons.
This recliner camping chair with footrest is highly durable and robust with its heavy-duty powder-coated steel frame.
- Material: The frame of this camping chair is made of powder-coated steel, which is exceptionally durable and robust. The powder coating offers resistance to rust and corrosion, making the chair last long. The fabric used in this camp chair is 600D polyester which is cheaper but highly durable. The polyester is also water repellent making it an ideal material for outdoors.
- Comfort: The reclining design of this camp chair offers a highly comfortable place to relax. The footrest allows you to prop up your feet to relieve those foot aches after a long day of hiking. You can keep your drinks nearby in the cupholder.
- Adjustable: This camp chair features an adjustable armrest and footrest. You have the option to adjust them according to your height and your preference. You can also remove them entirely if you want.
- Portability: The camp chair folds down to a compact size, allowing you to carry or store it comfortably. Taking it to your campsite is convenient with the shoulder carry bag that comes with it.
#3 Outdoor Living Suntime Camp Chair With Footrest
- Material: 8.8/10
- Comfort: 8.7/10
- Adjustable: 9/10
- Portability: 8.5/10
- Overall Score: 8.7/10
- Brand: Outdoor Living Suntime
- Weight Limit: 200 pounds
- Material: Polyester and Mesh fabric
- Color: Blue
- Product Weight: 12.6 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.87×7.28×39.4 inches
- The frame material is heavy-duty steel.
- The fabric is polyester and mesh.
- The footrest on this camp chair is entirely removable.
- The backrest is adjustable from 90 to 130 degrees.
- It comes with a headrest, cup holder, and a mesh pocket.
- The chair might be hard to get out of when the footrest is up.
This reclining camp chair with footrest by Outdoor living is ideal for relaxing on a camping trip with its adjustable backrest.
- Material: With a heavy-duty steel frame, this camp chair is sturdy and durable. The 400x300D polyester fabric is extremely strong and long-lasting. The polyester fabric makes this chair waterproof which is ideal for leaving outdoors even in rains. The strong mesh fabric allows breathability and keeps you cool even on hot days.
- Comfort: With a reclining backrest, this camping chair is highly comfortable. The footrest allows you to rest your feet and take a nap after a long and tiring day. The storage pocket and cup holder allows you to keep your belongings closer to you.
- Adjustable: The reclining backrest on this chair is adjustable from 90 degrees to 130 degrees. You can adjust the backrest per your need. The footrest on this chair is entirely removable, too, if you wish to do so.
- Portability: This camping chair folds down to a compact shape for the ease of carrying it around. The portable and foldable design makes it easy to store when not in use.
You might also like to read: Best Tent Air Conditioners
#4 Jeaouia Camping Chair With Footrest
- Material: 8.5/10
- Comfort: 8.6/10
- Adjustable: 8.4/10
- Portability: 8.6/10
- Overall Score: 8.5/10
- Brand: Jeaouia
- Weight Limit: 300 pounds
- Material: 650 D Polyester fabric
- Color: Blue
- Product Weight: 8.4 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 20.5 x 16.2 inches
- The frame material is heavy-duty steel.
- It is made with 650D polyester fabric.
- It has ample seating space.
- The backrest is adjustable to two different angles.
- The pillow and the footrest are removable.
- It is the lightest and cheapest camping chair on this list.
- The seat height from the ground is too low.
This camping chair from Jeaouia is an excellent option for someone looking for a sturdy and high-quality chair under a budget.
- Material: The frame of this chair is heavy-duty steel which is highly durable. The sturdy frame can take up a maximum load of 300 pounds. The fabric of the chair is 650D polyester which again is very strong. It can last long, and the material is water-resistant, making it ideal for the outdoors.
- Comfort: This picnic time reclining camp chair with footrest is exceptionally comfortable with a handrest and footrest. It also comes with a pillow on the headrest for you to relax comfortably. With a side pocket and a cup holder, you can enjoy your leisure time even more with all your things nearby.
- Adjustable: The backrest of this camp chair is adjustable at two different angles. You can either sit up at a 90-degree angle or lay down at 145 degrees. The footrest and the pillow are entirely removable, making it easier to adjust as per your need.
- Portability: This camping chair weighs only 8.4 pounds which makes it easier to carry. The chair folds to a compact size that is easy to take along or store when not needed.
#5 Armor Castle Camping Chair With Footrest
- Material: 8.2/10
- Comfort: 8.4/10
- Adjustable: 8.3/10
- Portability: 8.5/10
- Overall Score: 8.3/10
- Brand: Armor Castle
- Weight Limit: 300 pounds
- Material: Oxford Fabric and Mesh
- Color: Blue and Green
- Product Weight: 12 pounds
- Dimensions: 65.7x 20.8x 29.1 inches
- The chair is made of oxford fabric.
- You can adjust the backrest at two different angles.
- The seating space is more compared to other chairs.
- It comes with a shoulder bag for ease of carrying.
- The headrest features a detachable pillow for neck support.
- It has slip-resistant foot covers.
- The stitching is not good on the backrest.
This reclining camp chair with footrest by Armor Castle is ideal for people with large builds with its spacious seat and a load capacity of 300 pounds.
- Material: The frame on this camp chair is made of aerospace steel which is rustproof and sturdy. The robust frame offers a maximum load of 300 pounds. The fabric on this camp chair is oxford which is abrasion and tear-resistant, making it ideal for using outdoors.
- Comfort: The recliner backrest of this camp chair supports a pillow which makes lying on this chair more comfortable. The seating space is more significant, which can accommodate a heavier person with ease. With a cup holder and armrest, this chair enhances the comfort of the person using it.
- Adjustable: The backrest on this chair is adjustable to two different positions. You can set it at 90 degrees if you want to sit and adjust it to 145 degrees if you’re going to lie down.
- Portability: This camp chair collapses to a compact size, perfect for storing the chair when not in use. It also comes with a shoulder bag for the ease of carrying it around.
#6 Happybuy Recliner Camping Chair With Footrest
- Material: 8.1/10
- Comfort: 7.9/10
- Adjustable: 8.3/10
- Portability: 8.2/10
- Overall Score: 8.1/10
- Brand: Happybuy
- Weight Limit: 330 pounds
- Material: Oxford Cloth and Mesh
- Color: Grey
- Product Weight: 10.19 pounds
- Dimensions: 66.14x 22.05x 27.17 inches
- The fabric on this chair is breathable mesh.
- It comes with a storage pocket and a cupholder.
- The height of this chair is adjustable.
- The frame material is heavy-duty steel.
- It comes with a carry bag for ease of transportation.
- Folding the chair is a bit tricky.
This reclining camp chair with footrest from Happybuy is excellent for hot summer days as its mesh material will keep you airy and cool.
- Material: This camp chair features a heavy-duty steel frame which is incredibly strong. The robust frame can take up a maximum load of 330 pounds. The mesh fabric of this chair is breathable and keeps you cool even on a hot day.
- Comfort: The camping chair is highly comfortable to sit in its reclining backrest. The pillow allows you to rest your neck comfortably. The storage pocket and the cup holder enhance your comfort even more.
- Adjustable: This camp chair is flexible to suit your needs. You can adjust the height and the reclining position of this chair.
- Portability: This camping chair folds down to a portable size which makes it easier to store. You can also carry this chair around with ease with it folded down to a small size.
#7 XGEAR Recliner Camping Chair With Footrest
- Material: 7.9/10
- Comfort: 8/10
- Adjustable: 7.8/10
- Portability: 8.1/10
- Overall Score: 7.9/10
- Brand: XGEAR
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Material: Mesh
- Color: Army Green
- Product Weight: 13 pounds
- Dimensions: 59 x 21 x 30 inches
- These chairs are much easier to get up from.
- It comes with a detachable pillow.
- IT has multiple storage spaces with side pockets and cup holders.
- The seat has an increased weight-bearing capacity.
- The frame is sturdy.
- The seat height is low.
This picnic time reclining camp chair with footrest is great for resting your feet after a long and tiring day.
- Material: This camping chair has a frame made of heavy-duty steel, which is sturdy and durable. The powder coating on the steel offers enhanced durability and long-lasting performance. The seat is mesh which is breathable and allows better airflow.
- Comfort: With pillows at the headrest, this camp chair is exceptionally comfortable to rest. The seating space is much more spacious than other camp chairs, making it ideal even for a large person.
- Adjustable: This reclining chair has two positions, 90 degrees for sitting and 145 degrees for lying down. The footrest is adjustable and removable if you wish to do so.
- Portability: This recliner camp chair folds down to a portable size. You can carry it around with you with ease while hiking and store it when not in use.
You might also like to read: Most Efficient Camping Stoves
Final Thoughts: Best Reclining Camp Chair With Footrest
Even though camping is a purely outdoor activity and you don’t need much gear, having a place to relax your legs after a day full of activities, a camping chair is a must.
While regular camping chairs are good, nothing can match the comfort of a reclining camp chair with a footrest. You can sit back, rest your feet and enjoy.
If I had to select any of these recliner camp chairs, the Sport-Brella Recliner Chair With Footrest And Umbrella would be my top favorite as the comfort is excellent, and the chair comes with an umbrella to protect you against harmful sun rays.
For the second-best choice, you can get the one from ALPS Mountaineering Camp Chair With Footrest. It is incredibly durable with its powder-coated steel frame.
If you don’t have much budget, then the camping chair from Jeaouia Camping Chair With Footrest would be a great option with costing just under $50. The lower price doesn’t mean that there is any compromise on quality.
With the help of this review, I hope you will be able to find a reclining camp chair worthy of your adventure! I would love to know what you think, do share your suggestions and thoughts in the comment section below.