Let us find out the best reclining camping chairs for 2021. For a quick run-down, just see the below table:
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently – Bill Waterson
It’s never too late to dip your toes into the lake of self-discovery, all you need to do is find out where your lake is. And the best way to find your lake is by sitting under the stars, gazing up at the majesty of creation in a reclining camping chair.
As crazy as it may sound, the most profound discoveries always arrive when you’re ready for them. Because being really ready and open to the infinite possibility they offer, means you have to be relaxed and completely at ease.
That’s why those revelations creep in while you’re whiling the hours away in a reclining camping chair. Because when you’re sat in one, miles from anywhere alone or in the company of good friends and family, that’s when you’re ready for the universe to show you who you really are.
And that’s why we’ve come up with a list of five of the best reclining camping chairs. So that you can marvel at the heavens and when that moment arrives, you’ll be ready for it. Are you ready to find out who you are?
Then let’s begin
Our Top 5 Best Reclining Camping Chairs Reviews
ALPS Mountaineering Escape Chair
Highlights: Detachable footrest, and easily folds up into the supplied carry bag.
When it comes to the great outdoors and equipment designed to make the most of it, there are few brands that are as in tune with your needs as ALPS are. They were founded just over a quarter of a century ago to bring superior outdoor equipment to the consumer at a realistic price. And that’s exactly what their Escape Chair does.
Innovative, imaginative, and clever, the Escape is an easily portable chair that folds and snaps into position. Then, when you’re finished with it, it can be folded away and put back in the easy-to-carry bag it comes in. Light, durable, and incredibly comfortable, it’s a perfect camp chair to ease into. After a long day, while sitting in the ALPS, you can let all of your cares and worries slowly, but surely float away.
The ALPS even has a detachable footrest. So if you’re aching from hiking the trails all day, you can put your feet up and just lose yourself in the Escape. If there was ever a more aptly named reclining camping chair, we’ve yet to find it.
- Made from powder-coated, tube steel, the Escape is light, tough, and strong. Folded away and ready to carry, it weighs just ten pounds. So it won’t overburden you while you’re hiking and won’t take up any discernible room in the back of your RV or truck.
- And thanks to its clever design, it’s also incredibly comfortable. We spent an evening in one, and it was like sitting on a cloud. The only thing that stopped us drifting off to sleep while we sat in it was the delicious cup of coffee that we were drinking. We just savored as we put our feet up and just enjoyed being in the Escape.
- Did we mention that it has a removable footrest? We did? Well, we’re going to mention it again. Because just like that song about New York said, some things are worth saying twice. And the Escape’s footrest is one of those things.
- It’s also so pocketbook-friendly that you’ll be tempted to buy two of them. We were, and we’re not sorry that we did.
- It’s not a recliner in the truest sense of the word, as you can’t adjust the position of the Escape. It’s got one position and that’s already reclined. So, while that might be an issue for some, we prefer to think of it as the Escape doing all of the hard work for you.
- There is another problem with the Escape, and that’s it’s upper weight limitation. It’s only made to hold campers and would-be recliners who weigh up to two hundred and twenty-five pounds. If you’re heavier than that, you might run into a few problems with this chair.
GCI Outdoor SunShade Recliner Chair
Highlights: A good sized cup holder and recline capability.
GCI has a core set of tenets that they rigidly adhere to when they design their products. They have to be portable, durable, easy to set up and fit in with their customer’s lives. That’s what their SunShade Recliner was made to do and be, and that exactly what it is.
It has a three-position reclining system that allows you to find the one that’s just right for you. And the tension bar lock that it uses means it’s simple to lock it into place when you do. If you fancy an ice-cold beverage, or even something warmer, the GCI SunShade has you covered. It has its own cup holder and the bag that holds and carries it also converts into a pillow when the chair is in use.
It’s a perfect way to escape from the worst of the sun’s rays. The shade it comes with has a UPF factor of fifty and will shield you from the heat and glare. And when you’re ready to pack up and go? It’s as easy to fold and put back into the storage bag that it comes with as it is simple to set up. For those hot days when you just want to lounge around in the sun, the ideal way to do just that is in GCI’s SunShade recliner.
- Easy to set and simple to put away, the SunShade recliner weighs an incredibly light ten pounds when it’s folded into its storage bag. You’ll be able to take it anywhere and everywhere with you and you’ll barely even notice that you’re carrying it.
- If you’re anything like us, you’ll love spending lazy afternoons in the afterglow of the sun. And the SunShade will let you do that, safe in the knowledge that it’ll protect you from the most harmful elements of the sun.
- Like all GCI products, it has a limited lifetime guarantee which ensures that if it does fail due to a manufacturing error, you’ll be covered. You’ll either get a new SunShade recliner or your money back.
- And it has three separate reclining positions and a drink holder. That’s the sort of comfort that every camper and hiker needs on their side.
- It’s only available in one color, which isn’t exactly fetching or glamorous. While we love the comfort that the SunShade provides, we’re not sold on its color scheme. And we’re not sure that we could live with it long term.
- It’s also beset by a weight limit. The SunShade will cope admirably with any recliner who weighs up to two hundred and fifty pounds. But it will struggle with anyone heavier than that.
Portal Oversized Mesh Back Zero Gravity Recliner Chair
Throughout their entire twenty-five-year history Portal has embraced a simple philosophy. To make you feel at home wherever you are. They’ve done this by thoroughly embracing design and innovation and using both to create durable, comfortable camping chairs.
Take this chair for example. It epitomizes everything that Portal holds dear and believes in. and has been made to accommodate everyone from the smallest to the largest of campers. Its locking system will allow you to recline in any position up to one hundred and seventy degrees. And it’s breathable mesh back is connected to a series of padded rests for extra comfort. It even has an additional pillow and lumbar support. So you’ll be able to completely relax and let the world drift past while you’re sat in Portal’s Zero Gravity recliner.
It also has its own foldable side table that has a cup holder and enough space for your phone or a book. When you need to escape the rat race and find that perfect chair to rediscover yourself in, Portal has you covered. We could happily spend days sitting in this chair, and chances are, you could too.
- It’s a fully adjustable recliner that’ll let you set any position you want to, and that you’re comfortable in.
- And it can be folded away when you don’t need it, so it’ll be equally at home in your yard or on a camping trip. Wherever you want to go, the Portal will go too.
- Like the other recliners on our list, the Portal also has an upper weight limit. But this time, it’s three hundred and fifty pounds. Which makes it an ideal camping recliner for just about everyone.
- We can’t even begin to tell you how much the additional lumbar support it provides meant to us. Well, actually we can. It meant a lot. If you’re plagued by back issues or just get the odd twinge every now and then, you’ll know exactly what we mean.
- It’s not the most portable of recliners, and when the Polar is folded and ready to be moved, it weighs in at around twenty-seven pounds. It isn’t what you’d call light, but then again it is one of the most comfortable recliners that we’ve sat in. So, it’s fate depends entirely on what’s more important to you. Comfort or portability.
Nemo Stargaze Recliner Luxury Chair
Highlights: Fully adjustable aircraft-grade aluminum frame, not only is this chair durable but also lightweight.
Nemo calls the Stargaze the next generation in camp comfort, and we’d be hard-pressed to argue with them. Made to help transform the camping experience into the height of luxury, the Stargaze is the next level of camping comfort. And it’s a technological miracle of campsite engineering.
A suspended air rocking and reclining chair, the Stargaze lets you lean back to discover your own naturally comfortable, reclined position. And it does it without needing to use a rocker or locking system. It’s fully adjustable aircraft-grade aluminum frame means that the Stargaze is durable and strong. And it can be set up on any surface and will be stable and level regardless of where you set up camp.
Ridiculously popular, it usually sells out as fast as any stockist can get their hands on it. It has found a level of well-deserved fame and infamy among the camping set. And as well as having a drinks holder, and interior pockets to hold things like your keys and wallet, it weighs just six pounds. That’s a lot of comfort for very little baggage.
- Whatever position you like to recline in, the Stargaze is able to accommodate you. This chair will let you find your own comfortable place.
- Its fully adjustable frame is strong and light and means it’s able to find its footing on whatever surface you decide to camp on. The Stargaze is a go anywhere, do almost anything camping recliner.
- It only weighs six pounds when it’s folded down and stowed in its storage bag. But it’s set up and ready for action, the Stargaze will happily accommodate up to three hundred pounds.
- All of the Stargazes engineering excellence and innovation comes at a cost. It’s a reassuringly expensive camping recliner. But if you want the best, you’ll have to pay for it.
Best Choice Products – Set Of Two Steel Mesh Zero Gravity Reclining Chairs
Highlights: Designed to feel like you’re floating on air, these chairs are very comfortable.
If you’re going to be getting away from it all or spending some serious time by your yard or by your pool, you’re rarely going to be doing it on your own. Sometimes, two is better than one. And that’s why Best Choice decided to release a pair of camping recliners instead of just a single chair.
Featuring a fully reclinable locking system, these lightweight, strong reclining chairs are fully foldable and able to go wherever you want them to. Designed to feel like you’re weightless and floating on air each chair has a headrest for a little more comfort. The chairs are also fixed to their frame with a bungee system which means they’re pretty much indestructible. And when you’ve found whatever position suits you best, their foldaway tables are one of those extras that you’ll love. They ensure that you can keep a drink and your smartphone or tablet close for those moments when you need them the most.
They may not be the prettiest chairs that you’ll ever see, but they are some of the most comfortable and practical that you’ll ever sit in. And at the end of the day, that’s all that really matters, isn’t it?
- They’re comfortable, durable, and practical. And the Best Choice Zero Gravity chairs are incredibly affordable and offer a fantastic alternative to far more costly name brand recliners.
- We’re fans of the Zero Gravity feel that these chairs use. Once you’ve tried it, it’s hard to find anything that even comes close to achieving the same level of decadent luxury.
- And the fully adjustable reclining system that’s part and parcel of their design means you can relax the way you want to. Rather than being forced to relax in the way that the chair dictates that you should.
- They’re not the lightest or most portable of recliners when they’re folded. Again, it all boils down to comfort or portability, and which of the two is most important to you.
Best Reclining Camping Chairs Buying Guide
What Is A Reclining Chair?
A reclining chair is a chair that reclines when the occupant lowers the back of the chair, often by way of a set of manual controls.
More often than not, as the back of the chair is lowered, the front of the chair is raised. Reclining chairs are also often known as recliners and usually have an adjustable headrest, lumbar support, and an independent footstool.
Most modern recliners can assume a nearly completely horizontal position. This makes them eminently suited to air and train travel, especially in first-class compartments.
What Is A Reclining Camping Chair?
A reclining camping chair is a portable, lightweight and durable version of a more traditional reclining chair.
They are designed to provide the same level of comfort and stability as their more conventional forebears. Camping recliners allow their users to have a little home comfort in the most unexpected of places.
Using vastly different designs to achieve their objective they are, nonetheless, are all made to attain a similar goal. To be a comfortable chair that lets whoever sits in them recline and relax to their heart’s content.
Which Reclining Camping Chair Is The Best One For Me?
That depends entirely on what you want it for and what your budget is.
If you’re just looking for a recliner to relax by your pool or in your yard, then we’d always recommend the Best Choice Products Zero Gravity recliners.
They’re incredibly comfortable, practical, and durable and for the money that you’ll pay for them, are staggeringly good value.
However, if you’re looking to go a little further afield and your budget is a little bigger, then without hesitation, we’d point you in the direction of the Nemo Stargaze.
Not only an astonishing feat of camp-based engineering, but it’s also exceedingly comfortable, light, and strong.
Which is everything that you’ll need the reclining camping chair that’ll accompany you on all of your adventures to be.
So, all that’s left is for us to bid you adieu, and when you’ve chosen your reclining camping chair. And hopefully, we’ll see you around a campfire somewhere down the road.